welcome to the Elite force *SAC* servers use the best gaming servers available. Try our high end gaming server today!!!

HomeCalendarPortalSearchFAQRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GB619
*SAC*
*SAC*

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:25 am

Me was walking to work yesterday and as i walked across Bournemouth Square i saw this awesome sight,i stopped had a quick chat with the guy in the photo,i could not play as i was going to work,but he let me inside to see some of the game play and graphics,the map is just for the roadshow so he said,rush in rescue the hostages and get out,its a co-op map,it looks really good the game,so yay looking forward to it,pics below as proof it really does exist,im a lucky boy Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*=B©ff=
Site Admin
Site Admin

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:56 am

Beta grafix are pants. Poor details in just about eveything. Just hope the full game looks better. Have a look on youtube and judge it for yasen if youve not got the game yet

*SAC*
*SAC*

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:44 am

Hmm,i have not seen the youtube videos,but have seen many other videos and it looked quite good,i must admit it looked ok,when i saw it at this roadshow,but maybe we have been spoiled with all the gfx to date,and we lust for more,does this meen we might not be getting a server,i will try and download the beta sometime to see if it is not good,but trust in your judgement we will,bomber boff.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GB619
*SAC*
*SAC*

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Well i downloaded and installed the beta,tried for an hour to get into a game,and gave up,it just showed joining server all the time and nothing else,if this is how the server filter,loading of the game will end up,im not buying it,i will try again tomorrow<but if i still cant get it,sod it i wont bother,too much hassle grrrrr,at least with bf2 the loading was quick,this seems painfully slow>Did you get any problems boff

Edit,well i finally got a game to load,but was greeted with a black screen,had sound but no image,my drivers are uptodate,my pc is perfectly good to play,but no,no picture,any idea's,as im thinking this is gonna be the same crap as usual from EA lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*G0UDG
Game Admin
Game Admin

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:06 am

How are ya matey nice pics btw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GB619
*SAC*
*SAC*

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:09 am

*SAC*G0UDG wrote:
How are ya matey nice pics btw

Me is doing good,i hope u get yourself sorted soon.
As for the game,i managed to get into a game,got fully loaded,was sorting out what class i was gonna be,then it crashed,i will try again,but after watching some youtube vids,the game looks the same as bad company 2,same server set up,loading screen,classes etc,so im wondering if it has the same poor admin controls bad company had,we shall see,i remain on the fence as to buy it straight away or wait till the dust settles and see what the community really thinks about Battlefield 3,hi to all as usually,but it seems only a few of us return here atm,the rest seem to be awol lol Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*G0UDG
Game Admin
Game Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:24 am

theres a problem with the site its not showing up on search it comes up with a server error luckily shep had the forum in his favourites and gave me the link otherwise when you search for it or type in the site address it comes up with a web server error message grrr that may explain the lack of activity recently
SSL and TLS protocols are enabled in the security section of the tools menu so not sure what the problem is I do know its not my pc settings as shep had the same problem

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
•Internet connectivity has been lost.
•The website is temporarily unavailable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GB619
*SAC*
*SAC*

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:00 am

I found this too,when i tried to search for the forums,and remembered that this was a portal from the old admin area,so i typed in sac forum portal into google it is listed at number 7,so weird why it does not show up under SAC forums,so i guess your right,maybe thats why so many are missing from the site,also the old admin area is gone,i lost the address for that site too,so maybe boff knows whats up

Ah found how to find it better,you have to type sacarmy as one word,then its still isted as portal but number too on google,but still i guess thats why many are missing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GB619
*SAC*
*SAC*

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:44 am

Well i played a bit more of BF3,and im not convinced,it is i would say exactly the same as bad company 2,and i now see what boff meant by the GFX,the detail is rather poor,there are much better games gfx out,i guess i was looking through rose tinted glasses at the roadshow,so i will wait to see what any of you guys think of the real game when it is out,as im not gonna jump in and buy a game i might never play lol,so its over to you guys,i trust your judgement Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XeyedPilot
Game Admin
Game Admin

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Well I have had quiet a few hours on the beta now and i gotta admit i hate the gameplay, this is not what I thought BF3 was going to be like! You spend most of your time sitting watching the waiting to spawn screen, then when you do spawn bam sniped by a prone sniper. I really don't think this game needs the prone position as its hard enough to see the enermy as it is! I have cancelled my pre order and to be honest don't think i';m gonna bother with it at all. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*G0UDG
Game Admin
Game Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:17 am

I have to say I agree with you guys If this is like BC2 then they can keep it as BATTLEFIELD CRAP 2 is exactly as its name suggests crap, BF3 may not be a console port but it sure as hell looks like one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*=B©ff=
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Ditto m8. I struggled with bad company 2 at first but now i am getting semi good. My kd ratio is good nowadays. As for bf3 the beta is a big let down. I will try out the full game tho. As for our server i duno if i wana spend the dosh on bf3. Time will tell.
Nice to hear from ya Ed m8. As for the sac website its long gone hence why this forum is a bit tricky to find. All being well maybe once bf3 gets going ill renew sacarmy name etc. Hope things are well with you kev m8. My new company is moving along at the moment things shud be easier next yr i hope
c u soon on the field guys Very Happy

*SAC*
*SAC*

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:27 am

I would hold off on the server first boff,as you dont want to spend money on something that might not get well used by us,or maybe ask the guys that want to play to pay some towards cost first,then that way it fair,i have played beta some more,but only having the rush game available in the beta,which i hate,it does not help,BF games are all about flag capture,not small maps where you have to try and blow up 2-4 stations,they should have stuck with the BF2 gameplay,it is still way better than this offering....grrrr to EA/Dice,still im sure i willbe able to borrow a copy from the internet to try the singleplayer out.....lol Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*G0UDG
Game Admin
Game Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:55 am

Hope your new company does well for you m8,Its A shame about BF3 but thats how the cookie crumbles I guess,had some good news this week got my shoulder op on 8th november so hopefully wont be long until I know whether I will be able to continue gaming or not what was it someone once said in a well known movie none of them negative waves well theres none of em here,Im sure we will all have our time of killing each other and having fun as we used to do just gotta be patient it'll happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*apdshep
Game Admin
Game Admin

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:11 pm

hi guys my pc struggled with bc2 aswell so i wont be there for the release of bf3 Evil or Very Mad unless i win the lottery Smile
hopefully one day us guys will all meet in the field again , boff im glad your doing well ,ed i had a great time in holywell bay pity we didnt meet Sad , and kev ill phone you in 5 mins Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*G0UDG
Game Admin
Game Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:31 am

Well guys I've just come off a bf3 beta server running caspian boarder and I have to say the game looks and plays great,not a fan of the metro map though and the fact that theres no commander. It looks like capture points are the same as bc2 and not flags as we had in BF2 but other than that its ok,Graphically the game looks great certainly better than Bttlfld Crap 2 thats for sure,I know its early days yet as its only the beta version and I only manadged to play for just over an hour but so far Im converted to buying the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*Scalpalot
Game Admin
Game Admin

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:19 am

the movie was Kelly's heroes .
I still pre ordered and not yet played the Beta.
What I see on youtube is beautiful but they kill enemy's apparently but I don't see them.
Is it when playing the game just as hard to see the enemy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GB619
*SAC*
*SAC*

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:07 am

Its hard to say if it is easy or difficult,at distance its is going to be harder,yur team mates can spot enemies,so they show up for a while,also i did notice a great thing they put in,if a sniper on the enemy team aims your way,you get a quick flash reflection from his scope,same as if the light had caught the scope,this helps avoid being shot by them,i would have liked if in the beta,they had the regular cap flag too,so you could see the whole game picture,im not totoally against this game,and im gona wait to see what the overall reaction to the game is,then decide,then it should be cheaper to buy ha ha ha,hope your venture is going well boff,and hope our rest of you are doing good,and goudg,hope your shoulder gets fixed,so we can kick your butt out of any tanks you get into lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*G0UDG
Game Admin
Game Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:59 am

Dont you worry matey Ill be there I manadged an hour of play until the pain got the better of me but im sure after the op all will be ok,and yes as always if i get the chance I will be a tank whore as I was in BF2 you will feel the rath of the IRISH HERO my new gamer tag btw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*=B©ff=
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 pm

i thought the grafix looked pants, but then i am running it with a shite pc Very Happy

Game Admin
Game Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:12 am

On some of the videos posted on you tube BF3 Graphically looks shite as does BC2 that could be due to the method used to record the footage and upload it,I will be buying the game but will not be playing the metro map or rush mode as they both stink. Boff m8 Im sure your pc is ok remember its in beta form and will probably look much better in the full release version (Mind you we are talking dice here so dont hold your breath lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GB619
*SAC*
*SAC*

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:17 am

Already found a copy of bf3 on a torrent site,did not download as it will clearly not work yet,and you should hear the moans about it not working,i sit on the fence when it comes to illegal downloads,i myself have got some games this way to try them,but then gone out and bought the game,no point doing this with BF3 as you wont get the real feel of online play,so when you ugly bunch start playing,and say its either good,bad,or just plain ugly,then i will make my decision,oh and i will have a new id ingame,it already set up through beta,i will now be known as yellowbusperil ha ha ha lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*G0UDG
Game Admin
Game Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:58 am

Ill just have to kiss your shiny metal ass with some shells from my tank lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*SAC*=B©ff=
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:53 pm

I7 with 580 sli. I bought me new pc on the strenth of somot spectacular in bf3. We live in hope i spose. If we all think its good i will fire up the server Very Happy

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:13 pm

looks like the new game is out tommorow. Fingers crossed its better than the shite beta version or i may have to take up fishing!!

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth   

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 lands in Bournemouth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next